Having been a successful network marketer myself, I’ve experienced every imaginable way of building a network marketing business, but had no idea how an mlm blog worked. Some of the recruiting methods I’ve used in the past have worked great, some were so-so, but many failed miserably.
If you’ve been a network marketer for any length of time, you’ll understand exactly what I mean. Instead of building your team through an mlm blog, you’ve probably done those hotel meetings, the 3-way calls, the house parties, coffee shop presentations, bumping into strangers at the mall…
I’ve been around the network marketing block a few times, during a different time and space… before social marketing, Facebook, Twitter and the rest. I don’t really hate on the old recruiting methods because it’s how I became successful in network marketing… I just prefer building using an mlm blog now.
And please don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t dare say that these older methods of building a network marketing business don’t work any more. They do. I just choose to go a different route… the route of building with an mlm blog. And if you’re interested in learning more about building your network marketing business using an mlm blog, you’re in the right place.
So, have you wondered exactly what it takes to build a successful network marketing business with a blog and the internet as your primary source of leads? If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out.
How do I use an mlm blog to build a successful network marketing business online…?
Here are the simple steps to using an mlm blog to recruit for your network marketing business.
1. For starters… don’t lead with the company replicated website. Create an blog that sets you apart as a leader within the company that you’re promoting. Using an MLM blog will help you to showcase not just the company you’re promoting, but also yourself as a leader that people searching the net will want to follow. Being able to write articles that pertain specifically to the mlm market, showcase products, discuss all the benefits and more is what makes an mlm blog work.
What does an mlm blog look like?
MLM blogging entails a lot more than just writing blog posts about your opportunity. In addition to your regular blog posts, here’s what your mlm blog should look like.
1. An MLM blog includes a home page that will give your visitors a ‘nutshell overview’ of the company and why they should join YOU over anyone else. If you have testimonials from team members you’ve helped, include them as well. Videos work best. It’s almost like a ‘sales page’ but not a pushy one.
2. Your mlm blog needs a page with an unbiased review that talks about all of the pro’s and con’s of your chosen company. This helps to build trust when you can talk about your business from all angles. You don’t break down all the details here. Again, just give an overview. Details about the company is where the company replicated site comes in.
3. You’ll need to include a comp plan page on your mlm blog that spells out exactly how your prospects will make money. Keep in mind… mlm blogging is used more for team-building than getting retail customers. So give your business prospects what they want.
4. Add a page for bonuses that you’ll give to everyone who joins you. You always want to over-deliver. Having an MLM blog for your prospects, as well as your team members gives you an opportunity to offer special courses and tools that will help your team in their business. This page should also let your prospects see what they’ll miss out on if they join your company with someone else.
5. Your mlm blog must have an “About” page where you can share with your prospects why you would be a good leader and mentor for them. Share your experiences, your successes, and what you can offer as a sponsor… not just for them, but for their team members, too. You want your prospects who find you online to be glad that they stumbled upon your page. You also want them to feel relieved that they’ve finally found someone who won’t leave them high and dry, but can actually help them win.
6. When you’re building your business with an mlm blog, regardless of what your company has in place, you need to have a team training site (separate from your blog) that will help your team members duplicate exactly what you’re doing. They need to know everything from how to set up their own mlm blog, (including pre-written posts that they can copy) to how to set up auto-responders with pre-written e-mail messages so they can follow-up with their leads. All of this should be done for them so that they can start marketing quickly.
7. A forum, chat room, or online group where team members can communicate and find immediate assistance and answers to any questions they may have is also a huge part of building online. Developing an online community around your brand and team is 100% necessary. Making team announcements, giving recognition, having team calls and building synergy within your group can go a long, long way.
8. If you’re also using social networking like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, make sure you have training in place that will help your team members use these platforms as well. Remember… their success is your success and if you’re the only one who knows how to do certain things, it’s not helping you or your team.
9. And most importantly, when you’re creating your mlm blog, you need to have good quality ‘mlm content’ that’s not just specific to your company, but specific to those in the network marketing industry. Regardless of the company a person promotes, mlm is still a niche within itself.
In addition to your mlm blog, and the items listed above, you need these things in place for your team:
1. A solid, duplicable marketing system that your new team members can implement quickly
2. Proven ways to funnel traffic to your marketing system and training on how to do it
3. A sure-fire presentation that converts your traffic to real leads (not purchased ones – yuck!)
4. A funded proposal that’s inexpensive to join and pays well. Never lose a good lead who may not like your primary program. Always have something else to offer that will compliment whatever business your prospect wants to build.
Now, I’ve mentioned this already but I have to talk about it a little more to make sure you understand.
Even though you may know how all of these things work, everyone who becomes part of your team won’t. That’s one of the things that causes the greatest failure for network marketers, whether they’re attempting to build online with an mlm blog or offline.
That’s why it’s so important to make sure that whatever business you join, all of these components are already in place and ready to plug n’ play for you as well as your team members.
Without these elements, you will not succeed in using an mlm blog and the internet to grow a successful network marketing business.
Since I’ve been using an mlm blog to build my network marketing business, I’ve had a lot less stress and rejection, and more retention and duplication… and that makes it better for everyone. Now, my team members stand a much greater chance of success because they have a plan that can be easily duplicated.